General view of the cryptocurrency market: what to expect in 2021
Now cryptocurrencies are not just an “Internet thing”. Now they have finally disproved the reputation of a “fraudulent asset” or “Ponzi scheme,” as some critics call them. Times have changed.
2020 – the era of institutionalization of cryptocurrencies
Now, not only retail investors are investing in cryptocurrencies. We are talking about large world-famous financial organizations that invest a lot of money in Bitcoin.
October 20, 2020 will be remembered as a historic date for cryptocurrencies. On this day, the largest payment platform in the world, Paypal, decided to give its users the opportunity to buy cryptocurrencies on its platform. This news not only caused a storm among supporters of cryptocurrencies, but also surprised critics.
This was the moment that marked the beginning of the cryptocurrency’s bullish movement, when on January 8, 2021, the price of Bitcoin reached a new record of $ 41,941. This was a new milestone for Bitcoin. Few people thought in 2009, when Bitcoin was launched, that the day would come when it would reach and even exceed the price of $ 40K.
Overall, 2020 was not a good year. This is a year that we all want to forget as soon as possible. It will be remembered as the year of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will remember it as a year of isolation and quarantine. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused significant damage to the global economy.
However, the way the cryptocurrency market has responded to these economic changes has shown that the COVID-19 pandemic has benefited cryptocurrencies. Initially, at the beginning of the year, the crypt experienced a sharp decline. In March, the price of BTC fell below $ 4,000. However, it did not take long, and cryptocurrencies began to recover.
When the global economy was going through hard times, some large investors found it wise to invest in Bitcoin. They believe that Bitcoin can serve as a safe haven and hedge against inflation. Some of the most prominent investors of 2020 in Bitcoin are:
- Microstrategy – $ 1.3 million;
- Ruffer Investment – $ 744 million;
- Square – $ 50 million;
- Stone Ridge – $ 115 million;
- Massachusetts Mutual with a $ 100 million bitcoin investment.
Moreover, Grayscale has $ 13 billion in crypto assets under their management.
- JP Morgan starts Gemini and Coinbase banking;
- Visa and Mastercard have started providing services to cryptocurrency companies;
- Paypal Launches Crypto Services;
- Fidelity has introduced a new Bitcoin index fund.
This is one of the most significant steps of some world-famous companies in the direction of cryptocurrencies.
And it was these investments that caused crypto assets to experience bullish growth: Bitcoin reached a peak of $ 41,941 on January 8, 2021, and Ethereum – $ 1,336 on January 10, 2021, not far from the all-time high of $ 1,432 reached on January 13, 2018.
Microstrategy’s Michael Saylor is a Bitcoin Supporter in 2020
Michael Saylor, CEO of Microstrategy, the largest independent public business intelligence company that has invested $ 1.3 billion in PTS, continuously promoted the crypto asset on Twitter and in the mainstream media. After the company’s massive investment, Saylor has repeatedly stated that Bitcoin is a complex digital gold and “a masterpiece of monetary engineering.”
In an interview with CNBC, Saylor said that every institutional investor is looking for a safe haven asset, and that asset is Bitcoin. “Bitcoin is a pharmaceutical grade synthetic gold. These are all the benefits of gold, but you can’t get more out of it,” said Saylor. He went on to say that eventually other large companies will have to convert their treasury assets into crypto, whether they want to or not.
These words come from the CEO of the largest independent public business intelligence company, with a leading corporate analytics platform.
The fact that Bitcoin has reached this point shows its potential and its future. If we rely on Saylor’s words, soon other big reputable companies will probably view the Cue Ball as a place where they can convert their savings.
Crypto Market Capitalization Exceeds $ 1 Trillion
January 7, 2021 is another historic date for cryptocurrencies as they have reached a new milestone. On this day, the total value of the cryptocurrency market for the first time in its history exceeded $ 1 trillion.
This achievement surprised many, but not Chainlink co-founder Sergey Nazarov. “While outside observers may view the cryptocurrency industry, estimated at more than $ 1 trillion, as an incredibly important milestone, in fact, our sphere is still at one of the earliest stages of development and growth,” said Nazarov.
Analysts believe that this increase occurred after all the institutional investments mentioned above. According to them, these investors are losing faith in the dollar and investing in assets such as Bitcoin.
“The main price level has been reached, and Bitcoin has proven that it is not an asset class that will give you extra trouble. Today, he showed himself to all non-believers, ” said Naim Aslam, an analyst at AvaTrade. “Institutional traders are the ones who really lifted the rally,” he added.
According to coinmarketrate, at the moment, the total value of the cryptocurrency’s market capitalization is $ 1.01 trillion. Bitcoin is making the most of it with $ 668 billion, followed by Ethereum with $139 billion.
From Crypto Critics to Crypto Investors
Just as cryptocurrencies have many supporters, there are also critics. Although they used to criticize Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, now some of them have become investors. One of them is Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who has always been critical of cryptocurrencies. In a series of tweets with Tyler Winklevoss, Kubin said he had never invested in crypto before, nor sold it.
In addition, Jamie Dimon, chairman and chief executive of Wall Street bank JP Morgan, once called Bitcoin a scam. “It’s worse than rat poison. This is going to end badly. Someone is going to be killed, ” he said, answering a question about Bitcoin in 2018. However, in 2020, JP Morgan changed its position by 180 degrees, launching the JPM stablecoin.
Moreover, JP Morgan is now paying close attention to cryptocurrencies. On January 5, 2021, JP Morgan published a note stating that Bitcoin could rise to $ 146,000 in the long run as it would compete with gold.
The fact that critics of cryptocurrencies are already investing in them clearly shows that the crypto is getting the approval of investors.
Altcoin Growth after the BTC Rally: Will 2021 be the year of the altcoin season?
Cryptocurrencies are correlated, although the correlation was less noticeable than during the cryptocurrency boom in 2017. However, altcoins has risen again after the rise of Bitcoin.
“We’ve seen altcoins pump up by correction, both before and after January 11, in ways we haven’t seen since 2017,” said Andrew Tu, chief executive of Efficient Frontier.
Ethereum reached $ 1,336 on January 10, 2021, just short of the all-time high of $ 1,432 reached on January 13, 2018. This is also the expectation of crypto analysts, given that decentralized finance (DeFi) is on the rise. And plus the launch of Ethereum 2.0 in 2020.
DeFi aims to revolutionize the financial world, for example by getting rid of middlemen like banks when someone takes out a loan. Investors see Ethereum as a model of DeFi.
Historically, when Bitcoin has experienced bullish growth, altcoins also follow it. For example, in 2014, when BTC soared to $ 1,200, it was followed by Litecoin and approached $50.
In 2016, there was a halving of Bitcoin. A year later, in December 2017, the crypto asset reached almost $20,000. Both Ethereum and Ripple also rose after Bitcoin halved in 2016. Ethereum rose to a record high of $ 1,432 in early 2018. XRP also followed suit and reached its all-time high of $ 3.34.
If we look at these events in the past and how the market is gaining momentum, 2021 could really be the altcoin season. In addition to Ethereum, some of the alternative coins with the greatest potential in 2021 are Ripple, Stellar, Chainlink, Cardano, TRON and Tezos.
Naturally, you want to know where the cryptocurrency will go in 2021? You should bear in mind that all comparisons made now with the “cryptocurrency boom” of 2017 may be inaccurate, because now everything is different. It should be taken into account that we have institutional investors, unlike in 2017, when the majority of investments came from retail investors. So now we are dealing with other factors that affect prices.
Nevertheless, cryptocurrencies of the beginning of the year are gaining momentum with particular persistence, which can lead to new record prices. If major financial institutions continue to invest in Bitcoin in 2021, then in all likelihood, its price could skyrocket, as some analysts predicted, to $ 100,000 or even higher. And, given that Bitcoin dominates the market by 69%, exerting such an impact, altcoins are likely to follow.
How to listing my coin/token to the SPACEBOT?
Application Form for Listing
Please Kindly Answer the Following Questions:
- 1. Coin Recommender
- 1.1 Anyone Introduces You to SPACEBOT?
- 1.2 Referral’s Name, Mailbox, Telegram Account
- 2. Introduction of the Project
- 2.1 Name of Project, supporting both Russian and English
- 2.2 Official Website
- 2.3 Documentation link (api for developers)
- 2.4 Symbol (url: coinmarketcap.com,coinpaprika.com etc.) ATTENTION: It’s a prerequisite! If information about your coin is not available on this resource, we can agreed and list it on coinmarketrate.com. Listing price from 10 ETH.
- 2.5 Offering Price (url: coinmarketcap.com,coinpaprika.com etc.)
- 2.6 Total Fundraising Amount (url: coinmarketcap.com,coinpaprika.com etc.)
- 2.7 Brief Introduction of your Project Covering its Positioning, Features , etc.
- 2.8 Expected Trading Pairs against BTC, USDT, ETH (url: coinmarketcap.com,coinpaprika.com etc.)
- 2.9 Anyone in Charge of the Project
- 2.10 Contact of Project Manager
- 2.11 Project promotion Channel like Website, Wechat Official Account, Twitter, etc.
- 2.12 Attachment of Source File of Token Logo
- 2.13 Is the Project Tokens Based on ERC20 (or other blockchain)?
- 2.14 Any Market Value Management?
- 3. Project Marketing ant Its Users Scale
- 3.1 Expected Listing Date
- 3.2 Users Community in Telegram, Twitter, Reddit, Slack, WeChat, QQ Group , etc. and Its Links and Scale
- 3.3 Media Reports and Links
- 3.4 Time and Place of Roadshow or Other Marketing Campaign？
- 3.5 Marketing Budget on SPACEBOT and Token price establishing margin
- 4. Qualifications
- 4.1 Basic Information of Team Members
- 4.2 Consultants or Public Figures
- 4.3 Early Investment
- 4.4 Whether Listed on Quote Platform，such as Feixiaohao ,CoinMarketCap, etc.
- 1. Notes for Listing
- 2. SPACEBOT the unique software, for co-production of cryptocerrency. SPACEBOT provides an opportunity to get a monthly increase in the productivity of the cryptovoltaic minting of PRIZM, BIP and other cryptocurrency due to the total increase of the balance in the network of blockages through the “Proof-of-Stake” system.
- 3. SPACEBOT is only responsible for verification of authenticity and legitimacy of projects. SPACEBOT will not evaluate the project, and not provide any moral and value endorsement. The digital assets team will take full responsibility for all illegal irregularities such as illegal fund-raising, pyramid selling, money laundering, gambling, drug abuse, fraud, being banker of the asset, etc.
- 4. The digital asset teams need to make preventive measure with SPACEBOT to keep away from crushing the market. Otherwise we will end the cooperation.
- 5. SPACEBOT will remove the project from the list if : The dissolution of team keeps our client away from mining, transferring, block inquiring, etc. No investors trade, hold, use this token; technical failure which affect mining, transferring, block inquiring, etc. The team has some illegal irregularities such as illegal fund-raising, pyramid selling, money laundering, gambling, drug abuse, fraud, being banker of the asset, etc.
How to register a new users on SPACEBOT?
Registration on SPACEBOT is available only via the referral link which you can get after bonding 100 coins to the pool.
In order to get the link through the Telegram bot:
1. Send 100 coins to the wallet given by the bot: Wallet – Deposit
2. Bond 100 coins to the pool: Wallet – Deposit for paramining
3. Skip to ‘Affiliate program’ section and copy your referral link
4. Now you can share your referral link and invite new users
In order to get the link through iOS/Android:
1. Send 100 coins to the wallet given by the App: Home screen – Refill
2. Bond 100 coins to the pool: Home scren – Bond
3. Skip to ‘Affiliate program’ section and copy your referral link
4. Now you can share your link and invite new users
How to install the iOS App?
To install the App
1. Follow the link:
2. Сlick ‘Install’ and follow the standard steps to install the App on your device
3. If you are a new user – press ‘Register’ (you need to indicate your inviter; find your inviter`s ID or get a referral link in the ‘How to register a new user’ section)
4. If you already have your SPACEBOT Telegram account you need to link it to email. You may find how to do it in ‘How to link email to your SPACEBOT account?’ section.
How to install Android App?
To install the App:
1. Follow the link:
2. Press ‘install’ and follow the standard steps to install the App on your device.
3. If you are a new user – press ‘register’ (you need to indicate your inviter; find your inviter`s ID or get a referral link in the ‘How to register a new user’ section)
4. If you already have your Telegram SPACEBOT account you need to link it to email. You may find how to do it in ‘How to link email to your SPACEBOT account?’
How to top up your balance?
Top up your balance with Telegram bot:
1. Go to ‘Wallet’ section
2. Press ‘Deposit’
3. Copy the wallets sent to you (be careful not to copy extra symbols)
4. Transfer coins to the copied wallet adress
Top up your balance with iOS/Android App:
1. Press ‘Top up’ on the mail screen
2. Copy the wallets sent to you (be careful not to copy extra symbols)
3. Transfer coins to the copied wallet adress
* Track transaction on the blockchain:
PRIZM – https://prizmexplorer.com
BIP/BTT – https://explorer.minter.network
**Please note that depositing of coins requires certain number of confirmations in the network and it takes time to process a transaction with our algorightm
***Also note that many exchanges and wallets services carry out transfers with delay (on some exchanges it can take up to 72 hours), and you shouldn`t worry since this is a stadard procedure.