Telegram fork has led to 42 million users data leach

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”The popular Telegram messenger “lost” the private data of its users and blamed the third-party versions which had been attacked by Iran hacking group”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_heading title=”Favorite messaging app again at the center of scandal” size=”medium”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”Personal data of more than 42 million of Iranians were published on Internet over a week ago. If there were no copied accounts it means that near half of Iran citizens suffered from hacking.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”According to the recent Comparitech report on the incident, the data were stolen by Iranian hacking group known as “Hunting system” in Elasticsearch – an open source search.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”The data had no authentication or access control so anyone who knew about it could get it. The leaked information was deleted almost a week ago but it seems that it is still available at one hacking forum as the man who sold it claimed he found the data while surfing the Internet.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”The management states that the information has been taken from the two versions of Telegram client: HitGram and Talagram – the two main alternatives for Telegram in Iran (the official App is often blocked in the country). Since the messenger is an open-source software its code is free for access and change. This allows anyone to create its own client’s version.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”The data file consisted of a list with 42 million accounts including users’ names, phone numbers, accounts identifiers and secret codes. Although secret codes cannot be used for account access, the rest of the information can be used for various purposes including spreading of fake news, adding users to different groups and spam messages. “][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”Unfortunately, it all happened against a background of judicial proceedings with SEC regarding the Gram’s injunction”][vc_heading title=”Telegram is looking for explanations” size=”medium”][vc_single_image image=”660″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”Let us remind you that last week Telegram was struck by the US Security Exchange Commission (SEC) when the court handling the case stated that Gram digital currency may be defined as a security. Thus, the judge has ordered the messenger to stop token sales until the final sentence.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”Telegram has announced it would challenge this order but now it’s pursuing another strategy. It wants Kevin Castle, the judge that imposed the sentence, to admit that the decision applies to US potential investors only.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”Last Friday Durov’s attorneys claimed that the decision was not fully justified since the US investors constitute a small part of the whole investment group.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”Only 30% of investors arrived from USA, and the rest 70% are residents of other countries. Therefore, the attorneys argue that SEC does not have the supervisory powers, so it’s decision are invalid.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”Struggle against the SEC is just an episode in a long series of the financial agency’s disputes with companies working with digital coins.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”And also that is an example of the systematic abuse of power by the agency as there is still no clear definition of what the security measures on Bitcoin ecosystem include. “][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”The court’s decision is a further blow to the blockchain innovations in USA.”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_paragraph text=”The country lags behind many countries that have at least admitted the blockchain’s legitimacy and established regulation of supervision over the crypto space. But now US have all chances to fall further behind.”][/vc_column][/vc_row]